My Journey Into Art

Monday, January 14, 2013

Journal Prompts

I like the idea of journal prompts.  It takes the pressure off of trying to come up with something to art journal and at the same time it's challenging to figure out how to put all the pieces together in a spread.

Tammy from Daisy Yellow has put together journal prompts called Prompt6ix Personal Journal Prompts.  For #2 in the series, the prompts were: lime green, raindrops, ogee pattern, treasure hunt, acrylic paint and grunge.

I had so much fun with this.  The quote reads "The wise man does not lay up his own treasures.  The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own. - Lao Tzu"



Prompt6ix #2


5 comments:

  1. Ohhh. OHHHHH. WOW. This is AMAZING! It reminds me a little of Nick Bantock, whose work is astonishing. WOW, Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of him so I had to Google. I'm glad you like this spread so much. I really enjoyed working on it. It was one of those challenges where I spent a lot time away from the studio but was still working out the details in my head.

      Delete
  2. this is gorgeous!!! Lao Tzu has some really amazing thoughts and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous page and I like the quote you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pages! I have a thing for quotes & this one is so amazing...I especially love your green design! just lovely...

    ReplyDelete