My Journey Into Art

Monday, January 7, 2013

Listen to the whispers of your heart.

I'm participating in an art card exchange with my Bloom True group.  I decided to paint a 5" x 7" card on watercolor paper using the techniques I've learned so far from the True Free Spirit class.  This little painting took me so much longer than the bigger painting I did of the True Free Spirit Girl.  I worked on this for the better part of the afternoon and evening.  I think this is because I knew it was going to someone.  I was just so fussy with it.  Normally when I paint, I paint for me.  I don't feel any kind of pressure about the outcome.  That's not to say that I don't care what it looks like, it's just that I'm much more relaxed about it all because there is no one else's expectations that I'm trying to meet.

I hope she likes it!

Listen to the whispers of your heart.

1 comment:

  1. She's really lovely. It looks like she's on to something- like something is becoming apparent to her and she's really pondering it. I love how your paintings always spark a narrative thread in my head. That's such an amazing quality of your work. They are more than just wonderful to look at, they fire up my mind.

    ReplyDelete