My Journey Into Art

Friday, January 4, 2013

True Free Spirit Girl #1

I finished my first assignment for the True Free Spirit class I'm taking.  I had to redo her face a couple of times because I couldn't get it right.  I'm looking forward to doing more like this and make it more of my own.  I pretty much tried to follow how Mindy Lacefield did it in the video so that I could get a good feel for how to do it.  These are monthly classes so I have plenty of time to practice this one before we move onto the next True Free Spirit Girl.  This was really fun and different for me.  I haven't done shading on a face quite like this before.

This mixed media piece was done on a piece of 8" X 10" hardboard that I gesso'd first. This is truly a mixed media -- collage, acrylic paint, stenciling, stamping, markers, pen and watersoluble pencil.

True Free Spirit Girl

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you lit up the face, it really gives a mood to the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kyra. She was great fun. I haven't done a face with this steep of a head tilt before. I guess the light of the moon lit her up. ;)

      Delete